W Austin Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Luxury Travelers
- 55%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (12)Write a review
- W Austin HotelMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 5Jul 05, 2012
Like all W's I have stayed in, this W is absolutely beautiful. The rooms have unique design elements that I am a huge fan of. The location in the trendy 2nd street district makes the W a perfect fit for this location. The lobby and the W Living room are fantastic. I really like meeting people in one of the many bar areas downstairs for a drink before heading out. They have a really RED-inspired bar/lounge area with bottle service available. Another highlight is the rooftop pool. The rooms here are quite expensive though and can range from $250- over $500. The service is unbelievable as expected from any W property. This is definitely one of the trendiest hotels you can stay in Austin.Recommended for:
- W Austin HotelMember ofTrendstersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 11May 31, 2013
The W is one of my favorite hotels as far as chains go. I was curious how they would style the Austin location. And it was nice the same W design with a little "keep Austin weird" flair.
- W Austin HotelMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 24, 2013
When I was in Austin for a business trip, they had to evacuate guests from the newly opened W hotel because the was falling out of the windows, injuring more than 5 people. I am normally a big fan of the W, so was a bit surprised.
I have not been back since, but I assume they have fixed the issue.Recommended for:
- W Austin HotelJul 04, 2012
Definitely the place to stay if you want to see and be seen, walking in to the W in Austin feels like stepping into NYC. From the ultra-chic lobby, complete with lounge furniture and even a chess set, to the cabana-decked, waterfall-adorned rooftop lap pool, amenities at the W reek of luxurious indulgence. The rooms are comfortable and furnished in grey tones with red accents—and the views get better the higher up you stay. The full service spa features aromatherapy steam rooms, and the people watching in the bars even turns up a few movie stars. A very cool way to see the city!Recommended for:
- Business Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Pets Allowed
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- In-House Dining
- Family Rooms
- Car Rental Desk
- Children Allowed
- Handicap Accessible
- Valet Parking
- Outdoor Pool
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- Dry Cleaning
Excellent!774 reviews across the web.
- Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Especially suitable as wellness hotel according to guests.
- Wellness Areatop-notch fitness area, thought 96%.
- Location92% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
- Service90% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food86% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Ambiance83% were fond of the entertainment options.
- HotelHotel is great.