Trip Plan Details
- Ferry Building Marketplace1 Ferry Building, San Francisco, CA
- El Farolito2779 Mission St, San Francisco, CA 94110recommended El FarolitoThis is place is super yummy especially after a night of drinking. Get there early because after 2am the line is out the door and sometimes around the corner... so I was told. We ordered the ... read moreQuesadilla Suiza with chicken and the Super Nachos with carne asada. Both were really, really Yummy! Who would have thought that rice in a quesadilla would be so good! I really wished we had a place down in SoCal that serves quesadilla Suiza =/ .The meats were super flavorful and the rest of the ingredients looked fresh. The salsa bar is super good too I loved the green salsa! I'm definitely coming back on my next NorCal trip!Recommended for:Ericayvette
It's in the Mission sort of shady at night but not in the day
- Union Square250 Geary Street, San Francisco, CA 94102-1815recommended Union SquareThe Union Square shopping area features numerous high end shopping opportunities from large department stores to small boutique shops. The Christmas displays are fantastic.Recommended for:Luxury TravelersDaniel Lewis
Perhaps you can seek out some 49ers football or Giants baseball cufflinks.
- Academy Café55 Music Concourse Dr, San Francisco, CArecommended Academy CaféI would never have guessed you could get such good food at a museum cafeteria. They have cuisines from around the world - from delicious Vietnamese Pho to Cajun Gumbo. Mexican, pasta, salads. ... read moreDefinitely a great place to grab a bite when visiting the Academy of Sciences.
- Cafe Golo1602 Lombard Street, San Francisco, CA, United Statesrecommended Cafe GoloThis is a really good hole in the wall breakfast spot. It's a small, unpretentious place. The service is super friendly. The food was good. Like if you are in the neighborhood, definitely a great ... read moreoption. We came on a Saturday and by 10 is was packed. But not so good as to justify a drive across town. I had the Gola Ranchero - very spicy and pretty tasty take on a huevos rancheros. The French Toast was good. The best is perhaps the fresh baked pastries which were phenomenal. Service was super friendly.
- Tony's Pizza Napoletana1570 Stockton Street, San Francisco, CA 94133recommended Tony's Pizza NapoletanaThe absolute best pizza in San Francisco. Traditional, super thin crust, italian (not NY) style pizza. If you are going to do north beach, this is the place to come. Book ahead - this place gets ... read morepacked, and for good reason. Try the New Yorker with coal fired 1000 degree oven. The meatballs are also divine.
- Pancho Villa Taqueria3071 16th St, San Francisco, CA 94103recommended Pancho Villa TaqueriaPancho Villa's is a classic, no frills, SF taqueria in the heart of the Mission district (there's another one of the Embarcadero but, I don't think its as good). Stand in line, buffet-style, and watch ... read moreas the servers put together a mean burrito or taco plate. There's a fresh salsa bar plus aguas (fruit drinks) and Mexican sodas--chips are thrown in too. In the evening, roving mariachi bands typically liven up the place for tips.Liza Prado
A great place to take kids--good food, casual, on the loud side and even traveling musicians!
- Sunflower Authentic Vietnamese3111 16th Street, San Francisco, CArecommended Sunflower Authentic VietnameseThis no-frills resto in the Mission is great for huge portions of tasty vermicelli, spring rolls, and other Vietnamese favorites. The ambiance will hardly knock your socks off, but the food (and ... read moreprice!) more than make up for it.Recommended for:Budget TravelersMatthew Crompton
Quite cheap and very tasty.
- Haystack Pizza3881 24th St, San Francisco, CA 94114recommended Haystack PizzaGreat pizza and pasta here at this Noe Valley institution. Haystack is a local's favorite with a unpretentious, family feel. They might just have the city's best pizza.Recommended for:Family TravelersMatthew Crompton
Definitely family-friendly! Not mega cheap, but far from expensive.
- Dinosaurs Vietnamese Sandwiches2275 Market Street Suite H, San Francisco, CA 94114, United Statesrecommended Dinosaurs Vietnamese SandwichesA tiny little sandwich place in the space between two streets, Dinosaurs is quickly becoming my favorite go-to quick meal. Between the 6-7 sandwich options, you really can't go wrong (my favorite is ... read morethe Shaking Beef). It's certainly not a traditional sandwich (ala ike's), but the flavors are unique (to me, anyway) and delicious.Jason Flegel
For a truly San Francisco experience, if the weather is nice, come here and order some sandwiches then head to the nearby Dolores Park for a picnic. Each sandwich is ~$6, and the park is free.
- Rosamunde Sausage Grill - Mission District2832 Mission Street, San Francisco, CArecommended Rosamunde Sausage Grill - Mission DistrictAre you a fan of gourmet sausages? Rosemunde's has you covered. Deep in the heart of the Mission, Rosemunde's serves up 5-10 (depending on the day and time of day) types of homemade sausage with all ... read morethe fixin's. My favorite is the andouille sausage with grilled onions and chili on top! All that for around 8 bucks? Awesome. Rosemunde's also offers a fantastic selection of beers (I have to love anywhere that offers more than a few Belgian varieties.) An easy, quick, delicious meal for under 10 bucks? Rosemunde's can't be beat. Bonus: They offer vegan sausage! How many other places can say that?Jason Flegel
Love, love, LOVE this place. Gourmet hot-dogs for grown-ups, but with a casual enough atmosphere to bring the kids. A great destination for a trip into the mission.
- Little Star Pizza - Mission400 Valencia Street, San Francisco, CArecommended Little Star Pizza - MissionAn SF favorite, and for good reason, Little Star pizza is a staple of the San Francisco pizza circuit. Not as hoity-toity as some of the other boutique pizzerias, Little Star serves up some of my ... read morefavorite thin crust, and some of the city's favorite deep-dish pies. If you're heading here on a weekend evening, be prepared to wait for a table. On a weeknight, you'll be much more likely to grab a table immediately.Recommended for:Local CultureJason Flegel
Really great pizza -- it's not as cheap as You's (though likely nothing in SF will be), but it's a reasonable price for a 'high-end' pizza. And the atmosphere is child-friendly (in that it's not one of those quiet, swanky). Definitely go on a weeknight, if you can -- it's much less crowded.
- You's Dim Sum675 Broadway, San Francisco, CA 94133recommended You's Dim SumSo you're in San Francisco and you're looking for a super-authentic, no-frills, easy Chinese meal. Sure, you have to fight through hundreds of people milling about on the sidewalk (seriously, if you ... read morego to Chinatown, be prepared to become part of a "throng"), but You's is, far-and-away, your best bet. There's no ambiance to speak of, except perhaps "Chinese". That is, there are several people behind the counter all speaking Chinese, and Chinese Dim Sum is being served, but that about covers it. The simple fact is that at a place that can serve you lunch for about 3 dollars, one can't really expect a fine-dining establishment. Regardless, You's is tasty, clean, quick, cheap, and you'll get that authentic Chinatown experience and flavor. What more could you ask for? Chopsticks, I suppose. Yes, you can have those too.Recommended for:Jason Flegel
It may be a little gritty, but it's a great intro to SF's chinatown neighborhood, and you can grab a pretty filling meal for under $4.
- Painted Ladies-Alamo SquareSan Francisco, CA, United States
- Baker BeachBowley Street, San Francisco, CA 94129
- Capri Motel2015 Greenwich St, San Francisco, CA 94123
- The Embarcadero1 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA, United States
- Coit Tower1 Telegraph Hill Boulevard, San Francisco, CA, United States
- ChinatownGrant Avenue at Bush Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
- Palace of Fine Arts3301 Lyon Street, San Francisco, CA 94123-1002
- Pier 39Beach Street & The Embarcadero, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Lombard StreetLombard Street and Hyde Street, San Francisco, CA 94109
- Riding a Cable CarSan Francisco
- Fisherman's WharfThe Embarcadero & Powell St, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Golden Gate ParkStanyan & Haight Streets, San Francisco, CA 94117
- Alcatraz IslandGolden Gate National Recreation Area Fort Mason, B201 San Francisco, CA 94123
- Golden Gate BridgeLincoln Boulevard & Doyle Drive, San Francisco, California 94129, United States