Walt Disney World Resort Travel Guide

Harold Smith-Franzen (@smithfranzen)
    3 Nov 05, 2013

You have to like Disney. I've probably visited 100x and it does have its charm. Everyone needs to make a pilgrimage here once in their life time. Definitely better with kids and sometime other than the muggy hot summer. Arrive early, plan your route counter clockwise, and be strategic with Fast Pass to minimize your time in lines.

Fay Banaszak
    5 Feb 25, 2014

I have stayed at almost every resort at Disney World. From the budgeted value resorts to the deluxe resorts. I have never been disappointed in any of there resorts. They are also themed wonderfully and filled with the best Disney hospitality. Like us at my facebook page: facebook.com/nuts4chipndaletravel to keep informed of Disney specials!

Julie Feathers
    5 Sep 10, 2013

This is the best place in the world, for fun and entertainment. We stayed at the Port Orleans Riverside Hotel, we stayed in the Mansion houses by the river. the rooms were lovely, and we could take the boat to Downtown Disney where they had loads of shops, restaurants and entertainment. We ate in the Rainforrest Cafe. and also in The Earl of Sandwich, both very good but equaly different. The disney Parks are out of this world, Epcot, is spectacular with the World Showcase, they have somew fantastic restaurants. We ate in 1900 Park Fare where Cinderella and her family came out to greet everyone. We also ate in Akershus Royal Banquet Hall, and had a picture taken with Belle, after we were seated the rest of the princesses came out to have pictures with all the guests. There is a lovely restaurant in Italy called Tuto Italia, they serve fab food. Another restaurant we ate at was The Garden Grill restaurant where Mickey and his friends came out to greet the guests.
    In the Magic kingdomthe are wonderful restaurants, we ate at Cinderellas Royal table, we had a picture taken with Cinderella, before being seated, then while we were eating the rest of the Princesses came out to greet the guests. Other places we ate were The Liberty Tree Tavern, where it was an all you can eat buffet, lovely food. The Cool Reef Restaurant, based on the Little Mermaid, Le Cellier Steakhouse, in Canada, And the Rose and crown Pub in the United Kingdom in Epcot, which served traditional Fish and chips.
    The hotels have lovely restaurants, The Coranado Springs where you can get a lovely selection of food, but the best restaurant with the best view was at the Contempary Resort, The calafornia Grill, The food was wonderful then we had preferred view for the Fireworks over the castle at the Magic Kingdom.
    place to visit are Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Downtown disney, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Fab hotels to stay are The Contemporary resort, The Polyneasian Resort The Grand floridianwhich all can be accessed by the monorail.
    A wonderful place to visit

Susan V. (Disney Expert)
    5 Feb 25, 2014

My favorite place in the entire world.
    I've travelled to many different countries and cities but still find Walt Disney Resort to be my favorite place in the world.
    The immersion in magic, hopefulness of what can happen here, cleanliness, and magical staff are why I return over and over and over.
    From the moment I drive under the sign welcoming me to Walt Disney World Resort I feel at home.
    While I have also enjoyed Disneyland CA and Paris, it's the World where I feel most at home.
    It's not necessary to go into a park every day during your stay. Enjoy what each resort hotel has to offer. For example, take a bus or boat ride over to Fort Wilderness during the Christmas season and check out the decorations on the RV's. I'll bet that they rival those you'll see on homes in your neighborhood.

Molly
    5 May 25, 2013

Absolutely a magical world of its own... When you're here, there's an endless amount of adventure and fun awaiting. I can't express how much I wish to come back here and experience the memories I had as a child!

Joyce Cheng
    5 Mar 14, 2013

Where all the magic happens. Doesn't matter how old you are, once you enter the Resort you'll be a kid all over again.

Cynthia
    5 Mar 12, 2013

If you have kids and don't hate Mickey Mouse, take them at least once in their lifetime. I highly recommend staying on property, and if you come during the off-season you'll beat the crowds, get cheaper accommodations, and possibly a free meal plan.

Joseph Coureur
    5 Jan 08, 2013

Walt Disney World is its own universe. If you can, stay at one of the resorts and use the free transportation system to get around. Everything is set up to be easy, including spending money—your room key doubles as a charge card. Don't want to buy something because you don't want to carry it around? No problem because they'll deliver it to your room. It's wickedly dangerous that you can spend a lot quickly.

Andrew Karlin
    3 Jan 04, 2013

A fun theme park with numerous rides and attractions. Good for the family. Can get extremely crowded. Avoid going during school holidays if you can help it.

Jordan Davis
    5 Jan 31, 2014

We went here without kids and had just as much fun. I know it is a family place, but also recommend it for adults looking to rediscover their inner child.

Jean Boone
    4 Oct 30, 2012

Every time we visit Florida, we try to spend a day at Disney World. Our favorite park is Epcot Center. We enjoy dining at the World Lagoon.

MARiAN L
    5 Oct 10, 2012

So much to see, so little time! This place is like heaven for kids! You need to give yourself a lot of time if you want to hit up more than one park. The Magic Kingdom was just like Disneyland in Anaheim so if you've already been there you can skip that one. I really enjoyed Epcot Center and the Animal Kingdom.

• Walt Disney World ResortCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Keane
    5 May 20, 2014

Yeesh, where to begin? Disney World is the utopian society that Walt Disney dreamt about. Built to a grandeur that he was not afforded with the small and expensive space in Anaheim, Disney was free to craft his universe into reality in Florida.

Epcot was by far my favorite place. When I had read about the World Showcase as a kid, I suspected it would be a tacky, boring (educational) look into reality (also boring). What I encountered was more profound than any other Disney park could offer: people who actually came from their respective countries cohabiting happily together. This was made evident when a Moroccan girl came up to us and said hi in Japanese, only to realize we were Chinese, and switched to Mandarin. She had been learning from the girls one "country" over, she said. Amazing.

I still prefer Disneyland, not because it's in California and I have childhood memories of it, but rather because there's a greater "magic per square inch" there. Workers seem happier (read: not just college interns) and some of the classic rides like Pirates and It's a Small World are in nicer shape.

Linda K
    5 Sep 15, 2012

This was stint village that a small train set ran through. Very nicely done. In the German pavilion.

Silvia Ho
    5 Aug 30, 2012

Is it the happiest place on earth? My nephews love it and I love the fact that they have lots of fun^^

Anna Lamas

by far the best vacation in my life, i felt like a kid. and disney makes it so easy for you to have fun. i will return in a heartbeat.

Mayra Rodriguez

pretty good room and looks like a room come out of story book a amazing feel to it qith si muc to explore down to the decor of the room with breath taking veiws a amazing place to stay. hope to stay there again
    have a good day!!

Frank Perna

As always can be expected at a Disney Resort Walt Disney World Resort promises nothing less than perfect, from soup to nuts on the menu. It is as always finished with Mr. Disneys love for art that we all have grown accustomed to a life sized ice sculpture

José Luis García Quirante

Actually, that is the only place I visited when I went to Orlando. Walt Disney World. It's another planet where you can really feel Disney magic. I visited it in New Year's Eve and I really advise you to visit it because it takes you to another time and another planet. No problem matters when you're there. You can get back to you childhood and I can assure that adults enjoy more than children when they first see Mickey, Donald and Goofy entering the restaurant.

Laura Wiley
    5 Jun 20, 2014

Never overlook the possibility of driving with your Family and camping at Fort Wilderness. We did it 4 - 5 times. Actually got to know the staff as they don't change. If you're not into camping Fort Wilderness also rent mobile trailers. We also tried this. They are fully equipped with fridge, stove, microwave and dishwasher. We'd eat breakfast and put the dishes in the dishwasher pack lunch (hint freeze the juice box as a cooler pack) then head to the park. I'd put a roast beef or chicken and set the oven timer and we'd be home for dinner. At Fort Wilderness they have a fire pit and movie every night. First time I ever say "Song of the South" the Zippidy do dah song. You can buy food at their 2 stores very reasonable. We'd go to the Flea Market and get local veggies/fruit and hit a grocery store before heading back to camp. You can catch a bus that will take you anywhere (free) or a Ferry which takes you to Magic Kingdom. The Kid's are grown now (we started when they were 2 and 3)...but they still talk about those trips to this day. Great Family Memories.

Find Hotels in Walt Disney World Resort:

122,975 people visited Walt Disney World Resort

What most people think of as 'Disneyworld' is a sprawling complex of four theme parks, several themed hotels and many other attractions collectively known as the Walt Disney World Resort. The first and most popular theme park is the Magic Kingdom,...read more from disneyworld.disney.go.com

Current ForecastbyWeather Underground