Waterloo & City

12517 West Washington Blvd, Culver City, CA 90066

• Waterloo & CityCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    5 Oct 18, 2013

The food is spectacular and the service is even better! Love the late night happy hour! Must try if you haven't been!!

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife LoversTrendsters
    Broke Girl's Guide
    5 Oct 24, 2013

#BeStuffed

This new British gastropub lives up to the hype. Try the truffle fries, the braised short rib pizza, and the sticky toffee pudding or donuts for dessert.

BrokeGirlsGuide.com

Ericayvette
    5 Apr 10, 2013

I came here for DineLA Restuarant Week (btw best week to come to LA if you are foodie!) and fell involve with their Sticky Toffee Pudding. I'm not even a desert person! We ordered the Chicken Liver Mousse, Salmon Tartar, Pork Chop, Haddock. All pretty tasty and filling dishes. Service was top notch everyone was so poliet. Can't wait to come back to try more things on the menu

Tara C
    4 Jun 07, 2013

Great happy hour, but good luck finding a seat! This drives me crazy at some restaurants, where they have an awesome happy hour but in the bar area only; meanwhile, the main dining room(s) are ghost towns. WTF. I plan to return but I would definitely try to get here right when happy hour starts next time. The flatbreads here are tasty: my friend and I shared the mushroom and truffle one. I also had the cream of mushroom soup with the sausage "banger" in it. The soup was good but so rich that I couldn't finish the whole bowl. They make a mean Dark N' Stormy here.

• Waterloo & CityAmbassador
    Tara Carberry
    4 Jun 01, 2013

Troy Howard
    3 May 11, 2013

This place has great happy hour deals. They have some great choices that range from their Wild Mushroom Flatbread, Smoked Mozzarella, Truffle Oil, Fish & Chips, Housemade Tartar Sauce, Pickled Onions, to Green Chorizo Flatbread, Egg, Queso Fresco, Chipotle Tomato. There are a variety of other items as well. The deals range from as low as $6 to $9. The drink choices are not bad as well. You could get a Beer Of The Day for $4, a wine of the day for $5, or a great Sangria for $6.

Service is great, as the servers make sure that you are seated and taken care of. The food was prompt considering it was a busy happy hour.

Parking can be adventurous the later it gets. You can Valet, or park on one of the side streets.

Natalie K
    3 May 05, 2013

Waterloo & City is definitely a better deal during happy hour. The happy hour deals do end at 7pm and they do their "last call" at around 6:45pm so make sure to get there early. The dishes range from $6 to $9 and they have several cocktails to choose from at happy hour prices.

I have never come for dinner before so my review is only based on their happy hour. We had a party of 4 and arrived around 6:30pm. The bar area was packed but they actually have a back area for us to sit at. Our waitress is very nice.

I ordered a margarita and it tasted pretty horrible. I almost didn't finish it but it's against my policy to waste alcohol so I ended up just downing it in one shot. It was $6 at happy hour so I would imagine that their drinks are pretty expensive normally.

We ordered the tuna tartare, pork belly sandwich, and mushroom truffle oil flatbread to share. The tuna tartare is pretty good but it's a very small dish. The best dish was the mushroom truffle flatbread. I thought it was a great deal at only $8 and it smells wonderfully of truffle.

The pork belly was actually really good in flavor but I had a problem with their bun. The bottom bun was cut way too thick and the bread was a little hard. Without the bread issue, it would have been a pretty great sandwich.

I would come again to try their dinner items. They have valet parking with validation for $2.25 but there are plenty of street parking if you're willing to walk a block or two.

Mary Q.
    4 Feb 27, 2013

Yummy, yummy, yummy! Their food is carefully prepared and plated for an optimal eating experience. Portions are small by American standards, but oh so tasty. Their food is rather pricey, so be prepared.

Alice H
    5 Oct 29, 2012

Chef Brendan Collins creates a fantastic gastropub menu for Waterloo, with its ever-changing specials and lots and lots of fabulous terrines. Try the duck terrine with orange marmalade or the chicken liver mousse that melts like butter. Or if the pheasant liver mousse with truffle butter is on the specials chalkboard, snatch it up because it looks gorgeous and tastes amazing. Save room for an entree though because the lobster bolognaise on squid ink tagliatelle is my absolute favorite dish... although the hangar steak with puff pastry covered bone marrow was a close second. All of their dishes go well with their many beers available bottled and on tap. Of course there's always room for dessert and their bourbon glazed doughnuts really hit the spot. They're are constantly changing but the most recent iteration we've had featured homemade vanilla ice cream and tangy orange curd to go with the sugary, hot & fresh beignets. Always a delicious meal to be had at Waterloo & City! If you go, say hi to Cecily and Amanda for us :)

Richard P
    5 Jul 11, 2012

I have had Waterloo & City bookmarked for some time now, but I have never found a proper time or occasion to go. However, last night I had planned to meet up with a date for the first time and so I started my search for the perfect place. I took many factors into consideration and Waterloo & City seem to fit the bill:

She's a Pescatarian -- Waterloo and City had a wide variety of veggie and fish options. [Check]

Location -- I work in El Segundo. She was coming back from a business trip at LAX. So naturally the El Segundo area seemed the most logical. However, there aren't too many options around here. Manhattan Beach was an option, but it's in the opposite direction of her home bound commute. Culver City seemed like the way to go. It's in the right direction, but not too far (allowing us to avoid traffic). [Check]

Parking -- Parking seemed easily accessible. They have a parking lot with valet. I wanted to avoid going to a place with only street parking. [Check]

Food -- I had never eaten here before. In the past I have gone on dry runs prior to taking a date, but I did not have the chance to do that this time. However on paper the restaurant sounded great: Yelp reviews were awesome, House Manager previously from Per Se, Chef from Melisse! Sounds Great! [Check??? (see below)]

Based on the above criteria I ended up choosing Waterloo optimistically hoping it was great. I am happy to say they did not disappoint.

Service -- We arrived slightly earlier than my 7:30 reservations, but were quickly seat. The servers were also helpful and attentive.

Food -- The food was exceptional! I ordered the Tuna Tartare to start and the Australian Bass. While my date ordered the Arugula Salad to start and the Truffle Pasta entree. Everything was delicious. My Bass was cooked perfectly with a nice crispy skin and a super tender (almost silky) meat. The gnocchi that accompanied my fish was also pretty good - light and not too heavy. I also thought the Truffle Pasta was very good. I'm a huge fan of truffle and this dish was topped with fresh black truffle, shaved table side. Now I can confidently say [CHECK]

Overall great experience! I personally though the food was delicious. My date seem to enjoy it as well.

I can't wait to return!

Sharon F

It gets real crowded here quick. We were trying to just do happy hour at the bar and definitely had to watch a table like a hawk that we wound up sharing with two other people we didn't know. Signature cocktails are great and so is the food. It's a must for area foodies.

Marcel Vigneron

This British gastropub serves up some of the best charcuterie in the city. Chef Brendan Collins' whole animal approach to gastronomy is as comfortable as the atmosphere.

Marisa Thu
    4 Feb 20, 2013

Great happy hour 5-7pm. Salmon tartar and tuna tartar are delish.

Jen H
    4 Mar 30, 2013
    John T
    4 Oct 09, 2013
    Recommended for:Local Culture

588 people visited Waterloo & City

Dinner: Mon – Sat 6pm – 10pm, Sun 5pm – 9pm Late Night: Mon-Sat 10pm – 12am, Sun 9pm – 11pm Bar: Sun – Thurs 5pm – Midnight, Fri & Sat 5pm – 1am

• website:

Named for a London Underground line, Waterloo & City is a traditional British gastropub; that is, it boasts a casual atmosphere and hearty, yet refined, food.

Rodeway Inn Culver City