recommended Kruger National ParkFor many people, the Kruger National Park is *the* chief attraction of South Africa, without which a visit to the country is not complete. With the gorgeous dry-savanna scenery of the lowveld, and ... read moreanimal concentrations that approach the ludicrous at times (I've been stalled on the road for fifteen minutes just waiting for an enormous herd of elephants to cross in front of me), it's a quintessentially "Africa" experience, and all the more wonderful for its accessibility, easily reached by hired car or on tour from the town of Nelspruit. You may be tempted to go with a package tour, but consider hiring a car yourself and staying at least two night in the excellent camps within the park, which will allow you to be out in the bush at both sunrise and sunset, when animal-spotting is best, and the light is simply gorgeous. In just three days here, I saw lions, cheetahs, impala and kudu, elephants, rhinos, hippos, hyenas, giraffes, buffalo and more birds than I can name. Exceptional.
- Walter Sisulu National Botanical GardenMalcolm Road, Johannesburg 1724 South Africarecommended Walter Sisulu National Botanical GardenLocated in the suburbs of Johannesburg, this sprawling botanic garden is gorgeous, complete with a waterfall, beautiful lawns for lounging, walking trails and a native plant garden. With a bottle of ... read morewine and a picnic lunch, this is one of the loveliest places to spend a morning or afternoon while in Johannesburg.Matthew Crompton
Een bezoek waard. U kunt kijken op de Afrika sectie Zuid van mijn paspoort voor meer ideeën. Good luck! =)
- Honeyguide Tented Safari Camp10 Bompas Road | P.O. Box 786064, South Africarecommended Honeyguide Tented Safari CampIf you fly half way across the world six times just to stay at one place, you know you have something special Yes, six times I have traveled to South Africa and each time I make staying here a ... read morepriority. Over the years I have seen Honeyguide go through some big changes. There are now two camps (Honeyguide and Khoka Moya) and it has always been the smaller of the two which I have stayed-Khoka Moya. My first visit there were only 4 small cabins that were very rustic but today there are now over 20 luxury tents that feels like you are camping inside of a Pottery Barn. The camp is located in the heart of the Manyleti Game Reserve. Game viewing here is great, but if you are wanting leopard it's a bit more of a challenge here to see one than in the Sabi Sands/Mala Mala areas. I've had stays where for 10 nights I have not even had a glimpse of one then other times when on 10 nights I see them everyday. But it's not a zoo and you shouldn't come here expecting anything but just accept what natures gives you. Come here and relax and you will be rewarded with a lifetime of memories.
- Skukuza Restcamp - Kruger National ParkKruger National Park, Nelspruit, Kruger National Park, South Africarecommended Skukuza Restcamp - Kruger National ParkThe "main" camp for Kruger, located in the southern section of the park, Skukuza makes a wonderful option for where to base yourself in between game drives. It has some decent restaurants and even ... read moregame viewing from inside the camp fence. Centrally located, it's also often possible to get a reservation here in a safari tent or campsite when others smaller camps are booked up.Matthew Crompton
Een andere, grotere kamp als Lower Sabie is vol.
- Lower Sabie RestcampKruger National Park, South Africarecommended Lower Sabie RestcampWith its gorgeous riverside location on the Lower Sabie, this camp is my pick as the best place to base yourself while in Kruger National Park. Watch buffalo cool off in the river, see hyenas come and ... read morego in the dusk, and chill out at the camp's swimming pool. Lower Sabie is wonderfully located to access some of the most game-rich areas of the southern end of the park, and the rondavel huts here are an excellent value.Matthew Crompton
Ik zou een verblijf in dit kamp in het zuiden van het park. Als je naar Kruger, zeker 's nachts zicht te blijven van het park. Als je alleen bezoeken als een dag-trip, zal je missen de mogelijkheid om in het park uit voor zonsopgang en zonsondergang, die als de dieren het meest actief zijn.
commented on this list
Johannesburg schijnt mooi te zijn.
- Blyde River Canyon Blyde River Canyon