Witch's Rock Surf Camp
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 74%Adventure Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Witch's Rock Surf CampAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Jan 04, 2014
Not sure about the surf camp itself - although it seems to be the most popular due to legendary Robert August, world surf star of The Endless Summer, hand-shapes boards here - but I had an incredible soup here. Costa Rican seafood soup in milk. Quite extraordinary, large portion. Couldn't finish.
- Witch's Rock Surf CampFirst to ReviewAug 29, 2012
This is probably the nicest surf resort in Tamarindo. The entire resort is geared towards surfing and they hold surf camps for guests for an entire week. The owner, Joe, and his family are totally cool and they have some of the best instructors in town. The only drawback is that it is much pricier than other places in town. The lessons are at a premium price but you can easily make side deals with the instructors. They have a huge selection of boards to choose from, a pretty awesome bar, and a great little pool to watch the sunset in after a long day of surfing. They also have the most trips to other surf spots as well as the famous Witch's Rock for which it's named. I would definitely check it out, whether to just chat up some surfers and talk about waves, or take a lesson and go on a trip with them!
Outstanding!150 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Location100% loved the excursions to surrounding areas.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Service99% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Bar and BeveragesDelicious alcoholic drinks, according to 92%.
- AmbianceLovely ambiance. 87% satisfied guests.
- Food82% found the breakfast to be wonderful.