Recommandations for restaurants and sights in Brittany in English or French!
commented on this list
My father this past summer sailed aboard a yacht cruising around Brittany in France. His best piece of advice was not to be afraid of the small fishing villages. He said he found them to be the source of the best food, culture and conversation.
recommended Saint-MaloBeautiful fortified seaside town with charming little lanes and plenty of good shopping. Known for its seemingly hundreds of oyster restaurants.
recommended Mont-St-MichelOne of the most magical places I have ever been. The 8th century monastery that occupies the island is incredibly enchanting. You have to walk through a bit of slushy sand to reach it, although I read ... read moresomewhere that they are making it look more like an island soon by removing the silt and damming the water. Skeptics might say this place is a bit like Disneyland, but it's more that Disneyánd aspires to be like Mont Saint Michel. Yes there are a lot of souvenir shops selling tat, but that's normal in a place like this.
- Demeure de Corsaire5 Rue Asfeld, 35400 Saint-Malo, France
- Le Coquillage35350 Saint-Méloir-des-Ondes, France
- Restaurant Chez JackyBelon, 29340 Riec sur Belon, France
- Breton farmhouse Riec / Belon private garden near the sea,Finist?re, Bretagne, FR
- House with character in the countryside. Coastline villageFinist?re, Bretagne, FR