XV Beacon

15 Beacon Street, Boston, MA 02108
XV Beacon

• XV Beacon

The first time I went to Boston was for a weekend to celebrate my birthday in 2011. We decided to splurge on a hotel experience. There are a lot of people out there that can't comprehend spending $400/night on a hotel, but when the hotel is the XV Beacon in Boston, it's worth every penny. I happened to make a comment on Twitter about how excited I was to visit Boston on my birthday, and since I'd started following the hotel they'd in turn followed me. What happened when we checked into our room impressed me more than any hotel experience I've ever had. The room was gorgeous, but the most incredible part was that they'd taken the time to surprise me with a luscious piece of chocolate cake with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate on the plate. The personal touch endured me instantly, and the hotel was wonderful. The concierge was extremely helpful, and they even gave us a ride in their towncar to a concert we were going to that night. I haven't been able to afford the luxury of the Beacon on subsequent trips, but some day I will find the room for it again in my budget as it was definitely worth the price!

Recommended for:Luxury TravelersTrendsters
  • XV BeaconPro 2014

This is an excellent boutique hotel in a very central location in Beacon Hill. The lobby is a modest size and understated in its d├ęcor as are the hallways, but the rooms are replete with extras. The marble bathroom rooms provide amenities beyond shampoo, conditioner and soap, such as lip balm, a tv and heated towel rack. The bath sheets are plush as are the bathrobes. The mini bar and snacks are extensive and include wine glasses (very important for me). We were able to have a Nespresso machine upon request.
    The bed was comfortable and faced a working gas fireplace as well as flat screen tv. Turn down service included turning on the stereo in the room. The room included a comfortable lounge as well as desk and chairs. There was no real view from the windows, just other buildings, but the draperies worked well to keep out the morning light.
    Other extras included the shuttle service provided by the top of the line Lexus vehicles and fast internet connections.
    The restaurant Mooo is attached and also provides room service.
    Service was uniformly friendly and helpful.

Recommended for:Luxury Travelers
  • XV BeaconPro 2014

In a brief visit to the XV Boston, I was really impressed by the style, understated elegance, and friendliness of this little boutique hotel. I've spent most of my time in Europe over the last few years and so have had limited contact with American hotels, but this one made me proud to be a Yank.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • XV Beacon

WOW is all I have to say about the XV. Well that, and maybe...fabulous! Or try hotel experience of a lifetime!! I really couldn't have asked for more when I stayed at the XV. The beds were heavenly soft (not the Westin Heavenly beds...haha). The architecture reeks classic Boston, which just added to the old-school feel, and the service made me feel right at home from the minute I stepped into the glorious lobby.

Whenever we wanted to go out, whether it be for dinner or drinks or sightseeing (Boston Common is just blocks away), we used the complimentary town car service, and had a very friendly man drive us around. I'd definitely want to stay here again and will not hesitate to recommend it highly to anyone.

• XV Beacon

I stayed here with my wife and we have only wonderful things to say about the XV. It's a boutique hotel, so you don't have to worry about any corporate driven sales campaigns or impersonal, business-like service that leaves many thirsty for more.

We had only the best personal service at the XV, as many of the staff in the lobby welcomed us by name whenever we came back from our adventures in the city (it has great location, too!)

• XV Beacon
Showing Lowest Prices(Avg. nightly price)

This luxury boutique hotel is a stand-alone operation, which gives it the freedom to create a sea of personal touches. Flick on your gas fireplace, select a drink from the mini-bar, dock your iPod, or perfume yourself with the purpose designed toiletries. Go on, even bring your St. Bernard at no extra charge, as the Fifteen welcomes pets of any size. Although rooms range from the more basic traditional to the spacious corner suite, the available amenities don't discriminate. That includes two in-house Lexuses available to shuttle guests anywhere within the city limits, included with your stay. The 1903 building's 62 rooms, roof terrace with a jacuzzi and sitting area, and small fitness room exemplify the classic, New England sensibility of old Boston without the stuffiness.

120 people visited XV Beacon
Excellent! - 90% of guests recommend

• Business Center
  • Fitness Center
  • Room Service
  • Free Hi Speed Internet
  • Pets Allowed

Excellent!141 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this as a luxury hotel.
  • Guests say the hotel is perfect for a romantic getaway.
  • Ambiance
    100% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
  • Service
    98% found the staff to be very friendly.
    93% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
  • Room
    86% said the beds were comfortable.
    84% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
    Hotel is great.