Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Y ResortMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsLGBTGreen TravelersLuxury TravelersJan 02, 2014
Upon arrival, the Y offers a 10 minute free massage to guests. That was the best 10 minutes of my day so far, but only the first of many to come. The Y Resort is a great place to stay if you want to be near Ubud, but not in the middle of everything. It's a quiet and beautiful retreat, on a hill above the main downtown. Many of the rooms overlook the pool and the spa treatments are central to the experience here. There's also free WiFi, a small restaurant on site, and shuttle service to the shopping district 5x a day. I was in heaven.Recommended for:
- Y ResortMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersGreen TravelersAdventure TravelersFirst to ReviewJan 02, 2014
I kind of feel like the Y is trying to be something it is not. On the surface it appears very chic and modern, and it carries a price tag to match this. However, I felt the accommodations were sub-standard and for Ubud, the location was kind of lousy. The rooms are cute but small, the restaurant is inadequate, and the swimming pool looks like it came from a trailer park. The big draw here is the spa, which I'm not that into, so it didn't make feeling stuck in no man's land any easier. On the plus side, they do offer a regular shuttle into town, but I'd have liked to feel a little better about where I was staying when not seeing Ubud's other attractions.Recommended for:
Fair99 reviews across the web.
- Hotel Building100% said the facilities were very new.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Service97% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationEasily accessible by car, said 92%.
- AmbianceGreat ambiance.
- HotelHotel is nice enough.