Yama Sushi

1350 E Flamingo Rd, #18, Las Vegas, NV 89119

• Yama SushiAmbassadorPro 2014
    Kat Sun
    4 Nov 17, 2013

AYCE sushi and the quality isn't too bad. My fave is the Happy Ending roll and the roll that has the variety of sashimi on top. Mochi ice cream to finish it all off :)

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
  • Yama SushiCommunity ManagerAmbassadorPro 2014
    Audrey Lo "@GogobotAudrey"
    3 Oct 17, 2013

24 dollars for all you can eat sushi! They have the fastest service ever. I ordered and my food came within 60 seconds - scary fast. The qualit of the sushi is mediocre, but for the cost, not bad!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodies
  • Yama SushiPro 2014
    Schel
    1 Aug 09, 2013

I am sorry...

/Commences Rant

I will never return here. I was sorely disappointed and feel like I was treated as a subpar customer. Yeah not everyone eats sushi. I am that guy. Consequently I did join a large group of friends here. I knew that things wouldn't exactly be outstanding, but this place took it to a whole new level. The only reason they get a two star vs a one star is that most of my friends received excellent service and food.

Whereas I got worse treatment than the red headed step child... Hell that is demeaning I don't even have red hair *SMH*. In fact my trip here was one of my worst restaurant experiences in the last 10-15 years. *extremely disappointed*

So while all my friends purchased the AYCE meal and started to receive their various foods within 5 minutes of ordering, my appetizers (sesame chicken and shrimp tempura) took about 45 minutes to receive the first item, the shrimp tempura. It took another 10 plus minutes to receive the sesame chicken.

REALLY YAMA SUSHI!!! You brought out appetizers to my friends on the AYCE menu within 20 minutes. Why cant you bring the non AYCE appetizers to the guy who has nothing else to eat? But your attitude seemed to be who cares he isn't getting AYCE.

Knowing that they are concentrating on the AYCE folks and the rolls that most of the people are getting, I knew I would have my food delayed. What ended up happening? Everyone was on their third or fourth roll at least before my food was served.

Consequently I think you guys can go jump off a cliff. Way to treat a customer who wanted to partake in what he had heard was an awesome restaurant experience. I can count the number of times on a single hand where I have had a worse dining experience in my entire life!

Way to ruin what was otherwise a wonderful day for me with a large number of friends. I SERIOUSLY HOPE YOU DECIDE TO REVAMP YOUR POLICY TOWARDS NON AYCE PAYING CUSTOMERS OR THOSE WHO WANT SOMETHING A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT, AND YET STILL ORDER DIRECTLY OFF OF YOUR MENU WITHOUT A SINGLE CHANGE REQUEST!

WHY THE HELL EVEN HAVE THOSE CHOICES LISTED WITH PRICING THAT IS NOT AYCE IF YOU JUST WANT TO IGNORE THE GUY WHO ORDERS DINNER THAT WAY.

I HOPE BEYOND A SHADOW OF A BELIEF THAT CUSTOMERS TURN AWAY FROM YOUR RESTAURANT IF THEY ARE LIKE ME. SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO BE TREATED FAIRLY AND NOT MADE TO WAIT AN OVERLY EXTENSIVE PERIOD OF TIME TO GET WHAT YOU ARE ALREADY SERVING TO THOSE ALL AROUND HIM.

I WILL NEVER BE BACK HERE AND I HOPE THAT OTHERS WILL NOT AS WELL.

To add insult to injury your staff came after me for leaving less than the pre-ordained tip as listed on the check since I was part of a party of 6 or more. You should have been happy I left a tip at all. But to have you come after me demanding more for absolutely no service and unreasonable treatment, well F YOU. I am still pissed off about it and it has been several weeks.

I hope your business goes bust!

/Ends Rant

I am Schel and I approve this review!

Edit: Screw it I cant stand to give them 2 stars... I have to drop it to a 1 star... still super ticked off...

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudentsTrendsters
    King Kevin the VII
    4 Jun 08, 2013

Waiter: So what would you like?
    Me: I want a happy ending with harry potter.
    Waiter: (Straight face) Would you also like a man whore with that?

At any other place, I would probably get some weird look or a slap in the face; however, at Yama Sushi, I just get a big smile. So one of my friends recommended this AYCE sushi place to me in Vegas. At first I was extremely skeptical, considering the closest ocean to Vegas is about 6 or 7 hours away. However, when I came in and saw the huge menu, I was completely caught off guard at the quality and the selection. Addtionally, I love the back side to the menu where they have Yama's rolls which all have the most interesting names.

Normal sushi:
    Tuna/ yellowtail/ albacore sashimi- awesome
    Octopus/ squid sashimi- Not so much, too chewy for my taste
    Sea urchin- Tastes very fishy, not my taste, but some of our group loved it.

Yama's specialty rolls:
    Harry potter- It's like a garlic tempura roll- pretty awesome
    Happy ending- It's a tuna roll with lemon- Really tangy
    Man whore- It's like a Philly cheese roll- No one should ever mix cream cheese with sushi.
    Hot night- Very spicy- But pretty good as well
    Who's your daddy- It's okay.

Dessert:
    Green tea ice cream- awesome
    Mango mochi- awesome
    Red bean ice cream- tastes like candy

All of this only cost me $27 with tip. FREAKING AMAZING, TALK ABOUT HAVING A HAPPY ENDING. Even though we had to wait for an hour it was worth it! My only gripe is the sushi isn't the most fresh and most of the rolls are hit or miss, but the selection makes up for it. Best AYCE sushi in Vegas hands down.

Unfortunately, since it's an AYCE I can't ask for a happy ending to go ;D.

Giggly D
    5 Mar 20, 2013

How can you NOT give this place 5 stars with sushi rolls named "Wet Dreams", "Sun of the Beach", "Hand Job", "Who's your Daddy?"!!

I come here everytime I'm in Vegas and the fish has always been fresh, well except on Sundays. Always packed w/ ppl, who I'm assuming is lining up for the "Hand Job". Damn those "Sun of Beach"s, the $23 all-you-can-eat price totally got me hooked! The food is so good, I'm gonna have "Wet Dreams" tonite.

Vivek Desai
    4 Sep 19, 2012

Great AYCE sushi for the price. Nothing too high end, but they have good service!

1,473 people visited Yama Sushi

Moderate$$

Monday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM, Tuesday 11:00 AM - 11:30 PM, Wednesday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM, Thursday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM, Friday 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM, Saturday 11:30 AM - 11:00 PM, Sunday 11:30 AM - 10:30 PM