Yellow House Cafe

234 South Oxford Avenue, Los Angeles, CA

• Yellow House CafeAmbassadorPro 2014

Stopped in to yellow house cafe for a dessert and tea after dinner. Fun place with outdoor seating- the ambience is fun especially for a group. I got a peach iced tea- a bit pricey but half off when ordering an entree. We also got fried rice (spam being one of the ingredients!) and spam musubi (guess it was a spam kinda night.) dessert was make your own s'mores at the table. The heating element is not hot enough to quickly brown the marshmallows- you definitely need patience- but it's a fun interactive dessert. Valet is 2 dollars and service is super quick.

Recommended for:Local CultureFoodiesNightlife Lovers
  • Yellow House CafePro 2014

Not well-versed in K-town, I ventured to this spot on a recommendation expecting either something revolving around karaoke or AYCE BBQ. What I got from the very unassuming entrance was a beautiful setting inside, or should I say outside, because the seating consists of many tables with comfortable chairs under open air views. Unfortunately, that also means that most of the folks at the other tables are going to light up their smokes. Ugh, thanks for trying to ruin my appetite.

So the setup here is that you have the buzzer on the table for when you need service, it's a decent idea. Problem? The wait staff needs more training. Taking our orders (there were five of us) consisted of way more difficulty than I anticipated. They also decided to write two orders on the back of the sheet, and of course they never put those in so two of our patrons were looking mighty hungry when our entrees came out.

Hands down the Spicy Seafood Skillet Fried Rice is probably the best dish they've got going for my taste. Clams, squid, shrimp, and yummy spices all up in there, you won't be left wanting. The omelettes aren't really my style, I'm more of a classic breakfast omelette person (cheese, pork of some type), but it seemed to be prepared well. The Kimchi and Bacon Pasta was quite delicious too, though persons with aversions to bacon, which are rare entities to be sure, should steer clear.

Everyone enjoyed their drinks as well, I had an interesting concoction of red bean and green tea in a frappe. It was actually good! Too bad it was so small though :( I also had a chance to try the banana mocha, but only because they screwed up and brought my friend the hot one when she clearly asked for the cold. Yeah, it was one of those kind of nights service wise.

So final thoughts: I'd return, and would definitely have food and drink again, they were both on point. But it sure would be nice if the staff were better prepared, honestly when a place isn't busy and they can't handle simple orders...but I digress. But quality of product and ambiance, excellent.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureStudentsVegetarian
  • Yellow House Cafe

The atmosphere here is really nice. Great place to take a date. The food and drinks are also great. Expect to pay $5-7 for drinks and $10-12 for meals. Drinks are half off if you get a meal.

Parking is limited and usually packed so just look for street parking.

Recommended for:FoodiesNightlife Lovers
  • Yellow House CafePro 2014

Have you seen the Korean drama "Coffee Prince"? This place reminds me so much of that from the cute venue to the cute Korean guys working there. The place is like a house that's converted into a coffee shop. It's painted a soft yellow so you can't miss it. There's also valet parking out front.

The best part about Yellow House is the outside patio in the back of the house. It's so beautiful. I went with a friend but it's definitely a place you can come for a romantic time with your date or sweetheart. The patio is decorated with lights and several cute items, creating a great ambiance.

I had the sweet potato and it was delicious. I just had a big dinner so it was a little too heavy but it really tasted delicious. We also had the strawberry cheesecake and I wasn't impressed. The people at the table next to us ordered the caramel latte and was saying how good it was.

They have food too, mostly typical Korean items but I don't see anyone actually eating there. I'm not sure how their food but I will definitely be back for coffee and dessert items.

• Yellow House Cafe

Great place for staying late night, really comfortable place :)

720 people visited Yellow House Cafe