- The Dog Haus105 North Hill Avenue, Pasadena, CArecommended The Dog HausA dog, a side and a drink and you'll be good to go for at least 24 hours. I've been to many hot dog joints where you leave feeling unsatisfied (I'm talking to you, Gray's Papaya!), but at Dog Haus, ... read morethey only serve fat+juicy dogs piled with oodles of toppings... delicious! The difference maker is the King's Hawaiian bread buns, whose subtle sweetness counterbalances the savory flavors like yin+yang. If their signature dogs don't entice you, they offer customizable toppings. The menu is reasonably priced and the service is excellent. Have some fun with the cafeteria sized tables (each seats about 8), because you never know who you'll end up meeting. I'm looking forward to working my way through the entire menu, though slowly through well-spaced visits, to prevent adding an extra ring around the belly.Yvette T.
This and its biergarten friend are both in Pasadena, and both awesome. Beware of the inevitable food coma.
- Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles830 North Lake Avenue, Pasadena, CA 91104recommended Roscoe's House of Chicken and WafflesThis is the first Roscoe's that I have tried and I instantly fell in love! Who doesn't love some good old fashioned soul food? Before Roscoe's I would settle for KFC or Popeyes but after biting into ... read moretheir succulent, tender fried chicken I don't think I'll ever go back to the fast food restaurants! Service can be a little slow since the place gets packed around lunch and dinner times but it's usually no more then 20 minutes.
- Rocket Fizz Pasadena111 West Green Street, Pasadena, CArecommended Rocket Fizz PasadenaCute candy and pop shop! Seriously! So many types of candies and soda from all over! I found Aero and Smarties (chocolate) and awesome sode pops with weird names! They also have saltwater taffy - ALL ... read moreflavors! I don't like taffy but just letting you guys know! Also, the awesome thing is we got to take our engagement photos in the shop as long as we didn't take any photos of products names. It was such a fun store to shoot! :D We also got tons of candies - kinda pricey but these are hard to get so I understand that. :D Very cute store! Check In on Yelp, FourSquare - get 10%Laura S
LOVE THIS SHOP!!!!
Did a engagement photoshoot inside the shop and it was SOOO cute! The food and candies are so good!
commented on this list
- Bar Method Pasadena32 Mills Place, Pasadena, CArecommended Bar Method PasadenaYou can also get a free class here by going to their website to try it out first. http://sendafriend.barmethod.com SERVICE: When I first went there with some friends, it seemed kinda snooty... but as ... read moreI keep going to the classes, they aren't really. I guess it must had been busy that day. But the guy is helpful and nice. He help set up my Yelp Classes. INSTRUCTORS: Really good at what they do and very blunt. I only had one teacher who teaches in the mornings/afternoon. She's intense. Very good at what she does and she remembers everyone's name in the class (she'd ask you your name and remember it during the class). FACILITY: Clean. High end. I can see why they charge so much for the classes. In the locker rooms, they have a bunch of stuff for you to use to refresh. They provide hair ties, towels, perfume, lotion, cleanser, toner, hair products, cotton, etc. This is a nice place. The room is spacious and clean. It overlooks the outside alley of Pasadena. So it's pretty cool. It does remind me of ballet classes that is outside the urban areas. CLASS: Very good. I felt the burn AFTER class. She wants you to shake your legs because that's when you know it's working. It's an amazing workout. I work out all the time but this will definitely help me. You totally tone up from this class. Ballet moves - wooo.. killer. LOCATION: Don't know how the parking is... parking on Raymond and DeLacy (I walk from work). AMBIANCE: Very high class and poise like a ballet class. TIPS: *The class is hard to find but it's close to the dog store and M Anthony. * They provide towels and hair ties * They have lockers with locks for you * There are two bar sizes - petite and regular. I'm petite. The petite is in the back * Make sure you stretch on the bars before and after class (the things you hang from) * Tell the instructor BEFORE class you have any problems. Cuz she'll come around and position you. * Reserve classes online Overall... really good.Laura S
If you wanna try it for FREE, look online for a free class! Fun class!
- Zankou Chicken1296 E Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91106recommended Zankou ChickenMy friend wanted us to come here. So I figured alright. I wanted my usual Mediterranean Cafe on Lake, but this is fine. I got a chicken kabob ($12) meal and it was HUGE. It takes 15 min longer to ... read moremake, so I was the last to get it. You get hummus, salad, and pita with each meal. ASK FOR EXTRA GARLIC. The garlic and the food is delicious and I saved half of my meal for dinner. Big portions. FOOD: Good food. The taste wasn't oily (I thought it'd be oily) and the flavors were good. SERVICE: Attentive and they give you extra pita and garlic if asked. Downside: My friend asked for some pita and the lady grabbed the pita using a receipt!!! EWWW! Lady... use gloves or ask the guys who had gloves to grab it. -_- Come on now. OVERALL: If you don't ask for stuff, the food is good. GOOD CHICKEN!Laura S
Ignore the hygiene stuff... the food is good.
commented on this list
There is a Roscoe's on North Lake...I haven't been to that location, but how can you go wrong with Roscoe's? :)
- KyoChon3833 West 6th Street, Los Angeles, CArecommended KyoChon
- Marston's151 E Walnut St, Pasadena, CA 91103recommended Marston'sMarston's is a really small restaurant. It almost looks like a old house the was converted into a restaurant. The have a bout 20 small tables inside and several on the patio. The parking lot is also ... read moresmall. I was able to find parking on the street right in front of the restaurant. No money is required on Sat and Sun prior to 11 AM so I was good. Service: The service was great! The staff is super friendly and extra attentive. We were seated within 5 minutes, because they were barely opening. When we were seated we had 3 different waitresses ask about drink orders. The food came out promptly and they consistently checked with us to see how things were. I needed to head back to Orange County and so our waitress made sure we got out in a timely manner. Food: The was very good. I split the California Omelet and ordered a side of Oatmeal with bananas and a glass of Orange Juice. The California Omelet is delicious served with avocado and chicken cilantro sausage. It also came with toast and a side of potatoes. I love the chicken sausage! The oatmeal was a normal cup of oatmeal served with all the fin-ins (raisins, brown sugar, honey, cream). The orange juice was freshly squeezed, so it was also very good. Marston's is a great place for breakfast in the Pasadena area. They have a friendly staff and the food is great. Try the Chicken Cilantro Sausage!Richard P
Great little breakfast spot..
recommended Carmela Ice CreamThere is nothing like a nice big ice cream cone on a hot day. My friends and I went on a hike at Eaton Canyon and I was very excited because I knew Carmela Ice Cream was nearby. After completing a ... read morelong hike on a warm day we all were looking forward to trying some delicious ice cream. To my surprise Carmela was even closer than I though (less then .5 miles away). The guy working there was very nice. He was willing to let us try all their various flavors, while also explained the ingredients that go into their product. Apparently they use organic dairy and all the fresh ingredients come from the farmers market! The Ice Cream was AWESOME. I ordered a scoop of the Salted Caramel while my friend got the Strawberry Buttermilk. Both were delicious. The cone was also very good. The make their waffle cones fresh! I would definitely come here again. They probably make some of the best ice cream I have ever had. It is a bit pricey at $4.50 a scoop, but sometimes you just have to indulge.Richard P
Delicious Ice Cream!
- Cafe Santorini64 W Union St, Pasadena, CA 91103recommended Cafe SantoriniAn excellent place to eat Mediterran food. Excellent servers: request either Vasili or Gernaro. Try either the Seafood Paella or Chicken/Beef Kabobs. It's a cute, European setting on the second floor ... read moreof a balcony overlooking One Colorado Lane Plaza. There are white table cloths and light bulbs strung above you as you sit and eat. Super romantic place!
- 24 hour fitness2180 Lincoln Avenuerecommended 24 hour fitnessThis 24 Hour Fitness is similar to the new one in Arcadia on 1st. It is almost brand new construction and has a 3 story garage built next to it. It is a 2 story design similar to many of the new ... read moreconstruction 24 hour gyms in the chain. This one is on the border with Pasadena, and is actually in West Altadena. It is near the Jet Propulsion Lab in Pasadena, and not far from Juhn Muir School, home of the Spartans. This is a Magic Johnson Signature "Sport", so it has virtually all the amenities, including all the equipment, adequate space for everything, new lockers, and a large Group X and full Basketball court. The lap pool only has 2 lanes, whereas Arcadia has 3. It is across the street from a down home BBQ and Rib place, so you can come here after you digest your grease. There is also a new multistore retail space next door, but it is virtually empty. Nearby the neighborhood is lower middle class, with many smaller 2 bedroom type single family homes. The members are a mix of a little bit of everything, although most are younger and active, rather than an older crowd. The facility is nice, but I think they are looking to boost membership, as it isn't very crowded, which if you go here, is a good thing, unless they decide to close it for lack of making money.Wanugee
This is pretty new if you want a gym.
- Arroyo Chop House536 S Arroyo Pky, Pasadena, CA 91105recommended Arroyo Chop HouseThis place is great, so great that I came twice during restaurant week! The first time I was here, I came in with a tshirt and shorts. I just got off work and wanted to eat out with my friend. Got a ... read morefew awkward stares but we DGAF(urban dictionary it if u dunno) like bosses. I mean we didnt look classy, but I still had wine and my mate had some Scotch whiskey. Its what goes in that counts right? Anyway, the piece that caught my eyes was the Filet Mignon on the dine LA menu. $44 for a filet mignon from a fancy place, and it includes appetizer and dessert?! Too down for this! First Course Choices -Oysters on the Half Shell It was only 3 oysters, but it was just the right amount for me. If I had to eat anymore, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. They were fresh and delicious. Little bit of lemon juice and cocktail sauce, BOMB. Second Course Choices -Petit Filet Mignon Choice of two sides: Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Steamed Broccoli I had asked for medium rare, and that was exactly what I got. The Filet was very juicy and tender. The color and flavor was perfect. Probably the best I've ever had. Oh yeah, the garlic mash was pretty BOMB too! *tip, the 2nd time, our server did not offer the sauces for the filet, but I asked him for it, and he was more than happy to bring it * Third Course Choices -Fudge Brownie Sundae If I was a big fan of chocolate, I'd enjoy this a lot. -New York Cheesecake BOMB! I went on a Monday and a Friday night. I did not have reservations. We were seated almost immediately. The restaurant had beautiful decors, very classy scene, and romantic. But I'd want to sit in that room with the water fall and fire place. That was a super chillax room. Service was excellent. The standard of their food is high. There is no self parking on the lot. Valet only. But its No Big Deal, plenty of parking in this part of Pasadena. =]
- Pasadena Playhouse39 South El Molino Avenue, Pasadena, CA, United Statesrecommended Pasadena PlayhouseA beautiful historic theatre, nearly a hundred years old. I've seen numerous productions here and have enjoyed them all. Whether you sit in the balcony or in the orchestra, there really aren't any bad ... read moreseats. It's small enough that its size is not overwhelming, but it's also big enough that decent sized productions can be shown. The theatre architecture is lovely and the stage displays never cease to amaze. Lots of restaurants in walkable distances, and free street parking (or paid lots and valet), make this a great evening destination!Andrea L
The Pasadena Playhouse is one of my favorite theatres in the LA area!
- Buster's Ice Cream and Coffee Stop1006 Mission St, South Pasadena, CA 91030recommended Buster's Ice Cream and Coffee StopI used to come to this ice cream and coffee shop all the time -- it is in the mission area of South Pas and a great place to hang out, spend an afternoon or just grab a quick ice cream cone! It is ... read morepretty crowded, so at peak times it can be hard to find a place to sit, but I love the coffee drinks and Fosselman's ice cream!
recommended Dot's CupcakesI love walking by the store and getting a wiff of the fresh baked cupcakes. They have regular sized cupcakes or miniatures. The mint chocolate chip and the pink lemonade cupcakes are delicious.
- 21 Choices85 W Colorado Blvd, Pasadena, CA 91105recommended 21 ChoicesThey have 5 or 6 flavors of frozen yogurt every day. They are more than happy to provide you samples of all of them to make sure you are happy with what you order. Some of the flavors already have ... read moretoppings mixed into them (i.e. smores already had graham crackers and marshmallows mixed into the chocolate yogurt). They have tons of toppings for you to choose from, which they then mix on a stone into your yogurt (much like Cold Stone). The staff is always friendly and makes sure you like the combo you chose, even when the line is out the door.
- Green Street Restaurant146 Shoppers Ln, Pasadena, CA 91101recommended Green Street RestaurantI grew up going to Green Street all the time - and every time I am back home I still make it a point to eat here. The Dianne salad is the best thing on the menu - and be warned, the portion sizes are ... read moreHUGE. Also don't leave without at least trying the zucchini bread - they also sell the Dianne salad dressing and the zucchini bread loaves, which are great for me - since I no longer live in the area!Traci
hands down one of my favorite places in Pasadena (and I had decades to make favorites :))
- Huntington Library Art Collections and Botanical Gardens1151 Oxford Road, San Marino, CArecommended Huntington Library Art Collections and Botanical GardensThis is a three in one. An outstanding collection of books including a Gutenberg Bible and letters from Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and others; an outstanding art collection; and botanical gardens ... read morethat aren't equalled anywhere in the States.
- The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los Angeles1401 South Oak Knoll Ave., Pasadena, CA 91106 (Formerly Ritz-Carlton)recommended The Langham Huntington, Pasadena, Los AngelesThis hotel is perhaps the most interesting and historically best-preserved in Los Angeles, combining history with elegance and fine dining. Albert Einstein, Theodore Roosevelt and Prince Philip all ... read morestayed here and would, I suspect, do so again today. As far as I know, in California the only hotel comparable to the Huntington is San Diego's tourist infested Hotel Del Coronado. The hotel's restaurant, The Dining Room, serves excellent quality meals. Its Sunday brunches are outstanding.
- Ice House Comedy Club24 N Mentor Ave, Pasadena, CArecommended Ice House Comedy ClubThe Ice House has the distinction of being the original, modern comedy club. It opened in 1960. Billy Crystal, Cheech & Chong, David Letterman, Jay Leno, Rosie O'Donnell, Jerry Seinfeld, Gabe Kaplan, ... read moreLily Tomlin, Bob Newhart, Steve Martin, and Smothers Brothers have all appeared here. Performers continue to range from the well-known to the unknown. Dinner is available at the adjoining restaurant prior to each performance.
- Gamble House4 Westmoreland Place, Pasadena, CA, United Statesrecommended Gamble HouseBuilt in 1908 by architect brothers Charles Sumner Greene and Henry Mather Greene as the retirement home for David and Mary Gamble of the Procter and Gamble soap company family, the Gamble House is an ... read moreoutstanding example of American Arts and Crafts style architecture. Even if architecture is not one of your burning interests, you will probably find this structure of interest. If you saw the film Back to the Future, Doc Emmett's home was in fact the Gamble House.