YWCA Fort Canning Lodge
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- YWCA Fort Canning LodgeOct 25, 2013
Throw all your preconceptions of staying at the “Y” out the window – with big rooms costing around $200 a night there are more business travelers than backpackers staying here! The standard rooms are nice if a bit dated looking, and have the usual features like TV, mini-fridge, internet, and kettle so you can make some instant coffee. Bathrooms are similarly fine with a standing shower and toiletries provided. The best thing about staying at the YWCA is that you get access to all their facilities – swimming pool, fitness center guest lounge. Prices are actually a solid value for such a central location, and you can walk to Orchard Road or the Singapore National Museum in a couple minutes. I found it odd that you have to pay an extra $3 when you check-in if you’re not a YWCA member. Why don’t they just include this in the room rate?
- YWCA Fort Canning LodgeMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsOct 18, 2013
An economical business-class hotel with all the usual amenities, plus a pool, which is a bonus in equatorial and muggy Singapore. It's located in the Orchard Road shopping district, and is a perennial favorite for those looking for a budget-friendly option down in the thick of things..
Mediocre1699 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a wonderful family hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for swimming.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 96%.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 80%.
- Service77% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food72% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 67% of guests gave positive comments.