Ze Kitchen Galerie

4 Rue des Grands Augustins, Paris 75006, France

• Ze Kitchen GaleriePro 2014
    Ally Wu
    5 Feb 24, 2014

Wow, what a great dining experience all the way. I booked a table for me and some friends, but they bailed last minutes, so I decided to go and try the tasting menu by myself anyways. Eating by oneself can be awkward, but the restaurant is quite cozy and comfortable, so I didn't feel strange eating by myself.

The food is Thai and French fusion. Quite an unexpected combination and it really works. Each dish was also colorfully designed and artfully plated, like a lovely painting.

All diners are presented with a pre-course of Thai pumpkin soup and smoked salmon with broccoli puree. The first course was a seafood salad with micro greens. It was very delicious and I found all sorts of goodies on the place: scallops, clams, and abalone. This dish was so fresh and subtle that it woke up my palette. The next course was seafood ravioli in Thai shellfish broth. Ravioli is just a fancy name to call dumpling, which it was. Then came another course that had an Italian name but was something very popular in Asian cuisine - pasta with grilled squid. I wasn't too crazy about these two dishes, but then the meal just started to get better and better. I had two main dishes and both were superb. First came sole with lemon sauce and Chinese cabbage. Sole was perfectly cooked and worked really well with the sauce. After all, this is still French cuisine and the French knows their sauces. The amazing thing was they were able to make the vegetable taste so delicious. I liked the vegetable on the dish as much as I did the fish. After that, came a dish with chicken, duck and the shoulder of the chicken, which supposedly is the best part of the fowl. I am not a fan of chicken but this dish changed my opinion of chicken. It was full of umami flavor and tasted great.

Before I ordered my tasting, I saw there was one dish with Foie Gras and I requested that dish. My server promised to make sure that dish was included in my tasting. However, the chicken dish was served instead of that dish. So I mentioned it to my server, not expecting anything. The restaurant, however, gave me a surprise. They prepared an additional course of a generous piece of perfectly cooked with tamarind sauce. That, ladies and gentlemen, was by far my favorite course of the meal. I was so happy and full to the point of bursting. Then my lovely server brought me two desserts to finish of the meal! One poached pear and one wasabi ice-cream with passion fruit sauce, banana and mango. One bite into the ice-cream dish, I had so many exotic flavors and texture exploding in my mouth. I was lost for words. I was in food heaven.

It took me 2.5 hours to finish my feast and the price was quite reasonable. I also need to mention a word about their customer service. Before I event got back to my hotel, I already received an email from the restaurant, thanking me for dining with them and asking me to complete a quick survey! Two thumbs way up!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Ze Kitchen Galerie
    Celeny Da Silva
    4 Jul 03, 2012

Though this place has an ultra-modern name and interior, it offers an amazingly delicious fusion of local and Asian flavors, all prepared with fresh ingredients. The wine list is well selected and priced. The ambiance is stylish. its paintings are especially memorable!

• Ze Kitchen Galerie
    Juney Ham
    3 Jul 19, 2012

42 people visited Ze Kitchen Galerie

Voted one of TimeOut's Top 50 Paris Restaurants. William LeDeuil has channelled his passion for southeast Asian food into a new style of French cooking, exemplified by dishes such as milk-fed lamb a la plancha with tamarind-miso condiment and Thai curry jus. Contemporary art brightens the walls this airy, loft-like space.

Relais Christine