Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- airBARTFirst to ReviewOct 10, 2013
So flying in and out of Oakland isn't as easy as SFO when it comes to public transportation. But this is better than cabbing it over to the Bart station at the coliseum or walking.
Here's the deal for us NON-locals.
1) the bus stop outside of the airport is convenient and there are signs. It's basically where all the shuttles stop - like the rental car shuttle stops in the same lane.
2) make sure to either have exactly $3 for the bus (no change given) or use your credit card at the machines that spit out tickets for you.
****If you are using your Bart ticket to pay for AirBart, keep in mind it doesn't spit it back out - so if you got more than $3 on it, don't do it.
3) the bus comes every 15 mins or so. During the week when it's super busy it does seem to cycle a bit more often, but I wouldn't count on it.
4) It will take you to the Coliseum Bart station, from there you can easily buy your Bart ticket and get to where ever you need to go.
5) when coming from the Bart Station to the airport - you will need exact change, or exactly $3 on your Bart ticket. Keep that in mind. Get some cash while you are in the city.
Until the line to the airport if finished, you will have to suck it up and still deal with AirBart.Recommended for:Budget Travelers