Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
- 86%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 81%Family Travelers
- 80%Local Culture
- 77%History Buffs
- 57%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (67)
- Battery ParkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 3Mar 01, 2014
Battery Park is located at the southern end of Manhattan. Disability access is available but parking is still a problem. Castle Clinton is the big attraction as well is the entrance to the Staten Island Ferry.
- Battery ParkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Jan 23, 2014
From here the ferries to Ellis Island etc go off and you can take boat tours. Also it's a nice park to take a walk
- Battery ParkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Nov 29, 2013
A cute little park that has been around for centuries. Originally it held a statute of King George, pulled down after the Declaration of Independence was proclaimed. Nice place to sit and picnic while in the Financial District. Next to the Bull.
- Battery ParkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4Nov 02, 2013
Nice park with good views of the Statie of Libery and New Jersey. A nice place to relax in the grass or go for a run. Great if you live near by but not particularly impressive as a tourist attraction.
- Battery ParkAmbassadorMember ofStudentsBackpackersOct 28, 2013
My main memories of Battery Park are haggling, trading, and running. We bought cheap souvenir sweatshirts and sunglasses while my squealing material girl classmates ogled the "authentic" Coach bags secretly kept in giant trash bags. It's a place for business, or enjoying the views of the Statue of Liberty on a clear day.Recommended for:Budget Travelers
- Battery ParkCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesBackpackers+ 4Sep 13, 2013
Battery Park is a wonderful little park where you can see Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty (the actual statue and not the myriad of costumed buskers nearby). Bring the family and lots of sandwiches and stare out into the water.
- Battery ParkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 10Sep 13, 2013
Cool location to spend sometime, esp with kids or friends. Less noisy, more air and any place here spots the statue of Liberty. Nice place in all.