Koa Pancake House

333 Keahole St., Honolulu, Hawaii 96825

• Koa Pancake HousePro 2014
    Ericayvette
    3 Oct 08, 2012

It seems like a typical fast food restaurant but the food is much tastier.We ordered the #1 Special Omelet which came with Portuguese sausage, tomatoes, and spinach and the Lite Breakfast which is two pancakes, eggs any style, and bacon or links. Ask if they can subsitute the regular pancakes with mac nut pancakes. The portion size was huge even for my lite breakfast. Great, quick spot to go to for breakfast.

• Koa Pancake House
    Wayde's World Hawaii

I live in Hawaii Kai and I come here 3 times a week, I walk here it's so close...The food is good and Cheap and deserves 4 stars...you can get an entire meal for under $10 and that's with a Juice of choice and endless Coffee.

Great before a trip on the East Side if your going to Hanauma Bay, climbing Koko Crater, Sandy beach, Makapu'u Lighthouse or beach, Waimanalo beach, Bellows beach or Kaiona beach.

It's open early and closes early...weekday mornings are not busy while weekends are...don't come here at 10am or later on weekends...

Lets accept this place for what it is...Good cheap ono grindz with foam cups and plates...PERIOD!

Now, I'm not a fan of plastics or Foam...KOA SHOULD SWITCH TO PAPER or RECYCLED PAPER...which is best. Naturally doing so would increase our meals by 20 cents or so but it's worth it to me.

I have been a Chef for 20 years now so I should know. If you're a poor man like me this place is perfect! I LOVE IT HERE!

When coming here I always get something different, but I lean toward my Mahi-Mahi Loco Moco...They make it for me and just dump the sunny side up eggs right on my Mahi...I pay the extra buck instead of white rice and get my FRIED RICE...it's worth it and FILLS a BIG GUY UP!

I have had the pancakes about 10 times...they are average and I get that it's a pancake house, which is sorta strange...it's clear they don't make their own batter and they don't put a lot of love into them. This should be a passion there and it's not. Managment should be working on this. Yes, this place should be known for better signature pancakes but I don't see it happening anytime soon. This is why it's getting four stars for cheap grindz. If the pancakes had been signature this place would stand out. I made signature pancakes on a menu back in Boston that we served and it's not hard to do if you put some passion and love into your batter and your toppings to compliment it. If Koa called me in I would show them how it's done!

I have been here now about 30-40 times...just so I am clear.

I get what I expect here 95% of the time.

• Koa Pancake House