Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- SUTTON HOTELMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Jun 20, 2014
As a previous reviewer mentioned, there are in fact two Sutton Hotels. One is slightly better than the other as it has a direct view over the Cheon-Gye-Chon River, whereas the other is off a side alley, but I don't know how you would reserve a specific one. The previous reviewer also mentioned that the second and third floors of both buildings were currently under refurbishment. Judging by the Korean signs stuck in the windows, they now appear to be kindergartens. I found my whole experience with these hotels very odd, as neither would allow me to view a room and there seemed to be a whole host of staff not doing very much behind the desks of both. Neither left me inspired.
- SUTTON HOTELMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4First to ReviewMay 09, 2014
There are actually two Sutton Hotels in view of one another. One is on south side of the Cheonggyecheon River and one is on the north. Both of these hotels are the same, and I don't know how you can tell which one you're booking at if you book online. This place seems like the kind of hotel that was popular about 20 years ago: All of the fixtures and furniture are shabby and the hotel is in disrepair. In fact, the first two floors of rooms in both of the hotel's buildings are currently under construction. While it's not exactly a great sign, one thing I will rave about for this hotel is the location. As I mentioned, both buildings are both along the river, which puts you near many tourist attractions in Seoul. The river is also an excellent navigational tool for those visiting Seoul for the first time. Hopefully construction on this place will be completed soon so it can be restored to it's previous splendor!Recommended for:
Very Good!1657 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Location91% liked the proximity to shopping.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 88%.
- Service77% thought the service was very professional.
- Hotel Building65% considered the lobby entrance to be so-so.
- Food54% found the breakfast to be acceptable.